Saturday, August 20, 2016

WRONG APPRAISAL

This might be the gem of all my stories thus far.  I met the Appraiser on Bumble and my goodness he seemed like a straight laced upstanding guy! He was a gentleman on the phone, text me nonstop and was all around a possible dream come true!
We agreed to meet within a few days of first making contact on Bumble and I felt so excited about meeting him. We met in Asbury Park at Cubacan restaurant and our conversation flowed effortlessly! He even gave me a card that expressed how happy he was to meet me and included a Starbucks gift card since my birthday had just passed. I was astonished and so happy at this sign of thoughtfulness! At the end of the date we kissed and my goodness did the fireworks go off! It went off so much that it got heated in the car! As my senses came back to reality I realized that his hand was moving in directions and touching where it shouldn't be, especially on a first date! I promptly let him know that we needed to stop and he reluctantly did so but not before suggesting that we go to his car which was in a more secluded area! My response was a resounding NO and he left to walk to his car.  As I drove home I thought about the whole incident and realized the liberties that this man tried to take with me. I felt gross and wondered why he would think that it was ok to be so aggressive with me.  I reached out to my guy best friend Cardinal and told him everything.  He advised me to communicate how I was feeling to the Appraiser.  Once safely home, I sent him a text expressing my disbelief and discomfort in his behavior towards me.  He apologized immediately and begged me to give him another chance.  After thinking about it I agreed especially since he stated he will not attempt to kiss me.  He said I am irresistible but he will show me what a gentleman he is and not touch me.  We agreed to meet for a beach day and lunch in Asbury Park.  In the mean time we continued to text and one morning he asked if I wanted to see a picture of his room. I told him yes I do and he sent me a picture.  Well!!! The picture was of his naked chest exposed with everything below covered up as he laid on his bed.  I told him I was surprised at his picture and he apologized again.
Monday came and we firmed up our plan to meet for Lunch.  He again promised he would be a gentleman and I happily left to meet him.
We had a great lunch but opted not to go on the beach.  At my car he got into the passenger seat so that I could drive him to his car.  Mistake! He proceeded to kiss me again but this time his hand did not roam in the same manner as the first time.  I reminded him that he said he wouldn't touch me but he stated he couldn't help himself since I was so irresistible.  I promptly drove him to his car but I could sense an attitude shift in him.
I got home and decided I would address the matter especially since he didn't call or text to make sure I got home safely.  He responded and told me he thought it was ridiculous that I set parameters on him.  I explained that I do not really know him and that intimacy is viewed as part of my value and it is something that I do not hand out easily or quickly.  We ended our texting on that note.  Later I receive a text from him informing me that he was jumping in his pool and he wanted to know when can we "F".  I read it with disbelief.  I responded that that approach may work on other women but it was the wrong approach with me.  After additional time I sent a follow up text expressing my disbelief and letting him know that I am not a desperate woman who would put up with a disrespectful guy such as himself.  I got no response for hours but when he responded it was simply to say "When can we "F"?
This was all I needed to realize that this well educated, semiretired successful business owner was off his rockers! I never responded and I have never heard from him again!

The moral of this story ?  Don't give a second change to someone who doesn't deserve it. Be aware of a wolf in sheep clothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment