Saturday, August 20, 2016

MY TWO BEST FRIENDS

These guys are priceless additions to my life! I met them both online three years ago!
One is my love, my friend, my everything! We dated for over a year and at that time I was still going through my divorce process. I insisted that I didn't want to put a label on our relationship.  He was what I needed during that time in my life.  We saw each other every two weekends, spoke everyday, text all day long and in the evenings we FaceTime! He spoiled me. He helped me out financially and he was there to hear me cry and kept me strong through all I was going through.
At the point when I decided I wanted to put a label on the relationship, that put a brake on our relationship.  I was so hurt but I came to realize that he was not meant to be mine past the time that we had together.  We are friend, I listen to his tales of other women and we meet up every so often to see each other.  We still text every day! He knows every guy that I go on a date with.  He knows where my date is at, the time and my dates name.  He has my back and checks on me to make sure that I get home safely.  He is my relationship advisor! He gives me the guys perspective on things.  Some of the stories I've shared with you, he told me from the beginning to walk away but I didn't listen.  I am working on listening better to his advise because at the end of the day he has my best interest at heart.
My second love and friend is a guy I dated also.  We only went on three dates.  I met him and fell for him.  He was so friendly, so generous and successful! I proceeded to profess how much I liked him and well that was the beginning of the end for us!  Our first date he came with a bag that had three Victoria Secret bras in my size.  He is a breast man and it brought him pleasure to buy me those bras! After we  finished eating we went to Marshalls and everything I placed in the cart he bought for me.  I had never met a guy who was so generous by nature! We went on two more dates and although we got along very well things never developed further.  He told me I am too deep. That is his key word for I look too deeply into everything. He couldn't handle that.
He and I stayed in touch and I have been with him through his one relationship and the many other miscellaneous ones.
My interaction with both my guy best friends has helped me to learn the ways of a mans mind.  I realize that they think differently from us women.  They can separate feelings and playing women is second nature.  Because of them I can navigate the hazards of men who don't deserve a second of my time.
I text with them both every day! I hear who they are dating, who they are screwing and I know all the faucets of their complicated lives!
At one point I questioned if my friendship with them would make me into a jaded person but I have discovered that it only makes me smarter in my interactions.
One is always supportive and gives great advice but in a gentle way.  He will quickly tell me I told you so though!
The other gets exacerbated by my dating stories.  He tells me to get off of online dating.  He is harsher in his delivery of what is going on in my life. Some days he says I'm deep and then I don't hear from him for the rest of the day. That's my cue that he needs a break from my life saga!
I love them both because they have my best interest at heart.  One I would gladly go into a relationship with but I know that he is not ready or open to the idea so I watch from the sidelines as he lives his life.  In the long run I run too deeply for him!
My guy best friends are a part of my world and I love them for all they are to me.
#bestfriends

No comments:

Post a Comment