Monday, August 22, 2016

VENTURE CAPITALIST OR INVENTION CAPITALIST

Well, this dating story is truly my most recent date that I am sharing with you.
It starts in the Spring of 2016 when I was contacted by Jorge who claimed to be a Venture Capitalist.  We spoke on the phone and my goodness did we hit it off.  I was so excited because he seemed like a really down to earth guy.  We agreed to meet for Breakfast but then later switched it to Lunch since his car was in an accident and he needed time to get back from the dealership.
He showed up and he was definitely portly. Tall but large and  with a friendly face.  At first he was shy but as time went on his personality started to come out and we talked like old friends.  I was so smitten by this man who claimed to be self made but managed to stay humble.  One of the things he explained to me was that he was borrowing a friends car that used to be his car.  He said that the car had seen him through so much in his life that he couldn't get rid of it from his life.  At the end of the date we kissed and it was so nice.  He walked towards his 98 Honda and I thought to myself, that a Venture Capitalist should have a better car than that one.  It left a niggling feeling in my mind but I put it to the side because he seemed so nice.  I thought to myself even if he were not rich I would still like to date him.  We planned another date but twice it was cancelled at the last minute by the Venture Capitalist.  I got fed up because I felt that I was getting the run around so ultimately, I told him to move on and leave me alone.  He tried contacting me again but I told him to buzz off.  I told him that I am not desperate and would not put up with his inconsistent behavior.  He responded OK and left me alone.
As time went by I noticed that he would visit my profile but never said anything to me. I finally inboxed him and said "If you look at my profile you might as well say hello!" So he did that.  We started talking again and we decided to meet for a date the following week.  We text in the time leading up to the date.  His replies were not extensive nor did he ask me any questions that made me feel that his interest in me was strong. I even asked him about his interest in seeing me and he stated that he is very interested.  I shared with him that I am interviewing for a job and he shared that he was in the process of interviewing Administrative Assistant candidates for his company.  He told me that the salary would be $100,000 plus bonus and started asking me questions about why I would like to work for him.  I answered his questions jokingly but at the end of our interchange I felt uneasy about his story of paying an AdMin so high a salary.  The day of our date came and we met at an upscale restaurant in Rumson.  Again our conversation flowed easily and I told him that I could notice that he had lost weight.  He told me about his house in Red Bank but when he mentioned the road that it was located on I knew that it was really in Locust which is not a part of Red Bank. I questioned this and he explained about paying taxes to Middletown and Red Bank.  I asked him why would a single man with no children chose to live in a big house.  He simply stated that he bought it because he could.  I accepted this. He continued to tell me that he drives the beat up Honda to keep himself humble.  He stated that he drove it tonight.  This immediately put up a red flag in my mind.  This guy spoke of travel and eating at fancy restaurants but yet he shows up on a date in an old beat up car? Something didn't seem right! We parted ways and the doubts started to cloud my mind.
By Sunday I enlisted the help of my two guy best friends and asked their opinion about this guy.  I text the Venture Capitalist and asked him his full name.  He readily gave it to me.  I immediately did a search of his name and came up with not much information.  This was another red flag as a Google search usually yields tons of information on anyone!  I then asked him if he would give me the address of his house but he said he would not since he does not trust easily.  He said in time he will share information about his house.  I asked him to send a picture of his house and I think that that put him over the edge! He responded that I am asking a lot of questions and that next I will ask for his Drivers License and his Social Security Number.  I responded that I too have trust issues and am making sure that I am not being deceived.  He responded by saying he's an honest guy and he does not appreciate my distrust.  He bid me good luck and stated that we are not a match.  I responded Ok and that was the end of the Invention Capitalist!
I knew that he was a fake because one of my guy best friends looked up a data base that he has access to that does a background check on individuals.  His report of the Invention Capitalist showed that he lives in an Apartment in Newark! One he shares with his mother!  It also didn't show any college education.  This guy was definitely no Venture Capitalist!

The Morale of the Story? The little details tell the real story!







No comments:

Post a Comment